Developing a website requires a number of steps. The main ones are below with a brief idea of some of the tasks involved.
- I have a questionnaire to help you clarify the focus of your website.
- I’ll get an understanding of what style you would like, colours, font etc.
- It’s important to understand your clients to assess the usability required.
- Based on the above points, I’ll get your requirements and start designing and researching a template.
- Set up and configure WordPress on your hosting.
- Install the theme and customise it.
- Create the pages for the menu.
- Add the content, text and images.
- Add the footer and any widgets.
Test and document
- I will test all links, clickables and menu options to ensure they work.
- Your site will be tested across a number of browsers and devices.
- You will get documentation explaining your site clearly. Here is a sample of the Basic WordPress How-To tutorial documentation you will receive.
- I offer training so you can manage your website independently.